PharmaDoctor is a private GP service that issues private prescriptions online to new as well as existing patients. It is now affiliated with Pharmacy Outlet from where you can order your medicines and get free delivery right to your home.
If you want to use this GP service to get private prescription online, you need to pay for the cost of the medicine rather than the NHS prescription fee. Sometimes, the cost of the medicine can be cheaper as compared to the NHS fee, whereas other times, it could be expensive.
Pharmacy Outlet deals in a wide range of medicines that have the UK license approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agencies (MHRA). From these range of medications, PharmaDoctor will issue a treatment at the time of your online consultation.
For existing patients, PharmaDoctor is currently working on an online prescription service and feels free to advise them when their next prescription due is and when to re-order to get the medicine in time.
Following is the list of treatments offered by PharmaDoctor through Pharmacy Outlet:
- Erectile Dysfunction – Viagra (sildenafil), Cialis and Levitra
- Contraceptives – Combined contraceptive pill, mini pill & patch
- Premature Ejaculation – Priligy
- Period Delay – Norethisterone to delay periods
- Weight Loss – Orlistat 120mg and Branded Xenical
- Hair Loss – Propecia
- Quit Smoking – Champix starter pack & continual supply
- Anti-malarials – Malarone, & Doxycycline
- Allergy – Over ten treatments available
- High Cholesterol – Treatments to reduce cholesterol
- Cholesterol – Crestor to prevent cholesterol
- Skin treatments – Oral & topical skin treatments
- Influenza – Tamiflu
All you need to do is select the treatment you need and complete the short questionnaire, which will be assessed by a GMC registered GP practice working with PharmaDoctor. After that, you can order private prescription online from Pharmacy Outlet and get it delivered to your address. This online pharmacy offers free delivery on orders made above £40 through the private prescription online service.
PharmaDoctor can even fax your prescription to Pharmacy Outlet. It is if a controlled or prescription-only drug, the private prescription can only be collected directly from the pharmacy. Remember that in some circumstance, a GP may need to see you in person or talk to you on a telephone. Generally, it aims to deal with all prescription requests within six hours.