If you need medicines on a regular basis for treating your chronic medical condition, you can get repeat prescriptions online with less inconvenience from the NHS.
Using the repeat prescription NHS service can free up the GP’s appointments and can allow them to use their time efficiently.
If you want to know more about the NHS Electronic Prescription Service, please speak to your GP practice and pharmacy offering the repeat prescription NHS service.
Here are some of the basics of the repeat prescription NHS service you should be aware of:
- The repeat prescription NHS service is undeniably one of the most convenient ways of getting your regular medication without visiting your GP’s office
- You can request for a repeat prescription electronically at least a week before running out of supply so that you get your medicine in time
- The NHS will assess and review your repeat prescription every six months and check where your prescriptions are getting delivered
- Remember that a prescription medicine is usually supplied only for a duration of two months
- Your GP will send your prescription electronically to the chemist you choose and for that, you need to nominate the chemist
It is imperative that you order your repeat prescription a week before running out of supply. This will give enough time for a pharmacy professional to dispense and deliver your medicine.
One of the pharmacies that can offer you the repeat prescription NHS service is Pharmacy Outlet. The benefit of using the Pharmacy Outlet repeat prescription NHS service is that you need not require visiting a GP practice to collect handwritten scripts. Instead, a GP will send your repeat prescription to Pharmacy Outlet via the internet.
The service is totally safe, reliable and free, and you will receive your medicine without any extra charge. Plus, it saves the environment as the online repeat prescription NHS service is paperless.
Nominate Pharmacy Outlet to start reaping the benefits of the repeat prescriptions NHS. Call 03333 222 400 for more information.