Also called the Repeat Prescription Service, the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is relatively a new service that allows your doctor to send your repeat prescriptions directly to the pharmacy of your choice. This means you can choose to start using a paper-free prescription service.
To whom does the service benefit?
The Electronic Prescription Service is beneficial for patients who get regular prescriptions to treat their long-standing illnesses. Many patients need repeat prescriptions to get their medicine. The EPS means that you can now nominate an internet pharmacy to fulfil your repeat prescription.
There is no need to visit your GP or pharmacy just to pick up your prescription. In fact, it is managed online, dispensed and delivered to your preferred UK address for free. You can nominate Pharmacy Outlet in following ways:
- Complete the online registration form and create an account
- Call 03333 222 400
- In-store (Pharmacentric Limited, 40 London Road, Blackwater, Camberley, Surrey GU17 9AA)
How the Pharmacy Outlet Electronic Prescription Service Work?
- Nominate by completing the online registration form
- The registered pharmacy professional will manage and process your prescription
- The team will contact your GP to collect prescription electronically
- Your repeat prescription is delivered whenever you want in the England
- Delivery is free
Do I need to be present to take the delivery? What happens if I am not there?
Your delivery must be signed by yourself, or by a nominate representative (above 16 years old). If you nobody is there to receive your delivery, Royal Mail will let you know about the re-arrangement of delivery or collection.
Can I order private prescription through this service?
You cannot order a private prescription online through the EPS. However, there is a separate service called Private Prescription Service on the Pharmacy Outlet, where you can order and get your private prescription. Call 03333 222 400 to know more about the EPS and private prescription service.