If you require regular medicines for long-term conditions, you can obtain repeat prescriptions online with less inconvenience from the NHS.
Using repeat prescription NHS service frees up the appointments for people and allows the best use of GP’s time.
If you would like to use the NHS Electronic Prescription Service, please check with your GP practice and local pharmacy that offer repeat prescription NHS service.
- A repeat prescription means you can now easily get your regular medicine without visiting a GP
- You can request for a repeat prescription when you still have about one week’s medicine supply left
- Just nominate the pharmacy to collect or receive your medicines
- Your GP will send a repeat prescription online to your nominated pharmacy by an electronic means
- Allow at least two full working days for processing a repeat prescription
- The NHS will review your repeat prescription every six months
- The authorities at NHS will also check where your medications are delivered
- Usually, repeat prescriptions are supplied for a maximum of two months
You should not wait until you run out of your medication. Please ask for a repeat prescription online when you still have supply of a week. This gives enough time for your pharmacist to dispense and deliver your medications.
Pharmacy Outlet is one of the UK’s registered online pharmacies that offer repeat prescription NHS service. You can use the service to order one-off as well as repeat prescriptions. But, you cannot use the service to order private prescriptions and veterinary prescriptions.
The benefit of using repeat prescription NHS service is that there is no need to visiting GP surgery to collect your paper prescription. Instead, your GP will directly send your repeat prescription online to Pharmacy Outlet, saving you time and money.
The service is free and you receive medicines without any extra charge. Moreover, the repeat prescription NHS service helps save the environment, as it is a paperless work.
How to use the service
Nominate Pharmacy Outlet by registering an account and completing the My Electronic Prescription form. Alternatively, you can call the customer service team on 03333 222 400 to know more about the service.