The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is a free service initiated by the NHS England. It reduces the need for patients to visit their GP surgery to collect a paper script of medicines.
You have the right to choose the place you would wish to send your prescriptions and collect your medications. Selecting a pharmacy to process your EPS is known as “nomination”. You can choose the most convenient medication dispenser who is near to your home.
The GP practice or chemist can record your nomination for you, which is flexible and you can change or cancel at any time.
Once you nominate the pharmacy, your GP sends your prescription electronically to the pharmacy so that you can collect or receive your regular medications. Your prescription is safely sent by your GP using the NHS secure database, and will only be seen by your GP, pharmacy and NHS authorities.
Your nominated pharmacy will receive the electronic prescription to dispense your medicines. The prescription is an electronic message; hence, there is no paper script to lose.
Benefits of EPS to GPs
- They can process prescriptions more efficiently
- They can have good control of the prescription
- They can spend less time dealing with prescription queries
Benefits of EPS to Pharmacists
- They can process one-off and repeat prescriptions more efficiently
- More importantly, they can send less time sorting prescriptions and have less paper work to send to the NHS
- They can have improved control over the medication stock
Benefits of EPS to Patients
- They can collect their prescriptions directly from a chemist without having to visit their GP
- They will not have a paper script to lose
- They need not require spending more time waiting in the pharmacy
The Electronic Prescription Service is reliable, secure and confidential. Pharmacy Outlet offers EPS service. Click here to nominate Pharmacy Outlet and avail the electronic prescription service.
For more information, call on 03333 222 400 or email to email@example.com today!