The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) of the UK always warns people about the plausible dangers of buying prescription drugs over the internet. Some websites selling over-the-counter and prescription drugs may not be safe to use and may put your health at risk.
So, how to protect yourself from such dilemma? The MHRA says that people should know how to recognise a legitimate online pharmacy and how to buy prescription drugs online safely.
Never get deceived
Buying prescription or over-the-counter drugs online from a website you do not know means you are at a great risk. There are many online pharmacies that function legally and offer privacy, convenience and safeguards for buying medicines. On the flipside, there are many rouge websites that supply potentially harmful drugs that are not checked for safety and efficacy.
Know your medications
Before you buy medication online for the first time, it is imperative to talk to a medical professional such as doctor or pharmacist. You need to be very careful when you buy medication online in UK. If the website is asking for your doctor’s prescription, you can go ahead and place an order.
Counterfeit drugs are fake and unlicensed medicines that are difficult to identify. The fraudulent practice of fake drugs can apply to both branded and generic medicines. They may be outdated, contaminated, contain wrong drugs and lead to dangerous adverse effects.
How to protect yourself?
- Buy medication online from websites that are physically located in the UK
- Always buy prescription drugs online UK with doctor’s prescription
- Do not order prescription medicines for the first time unless you consult your doctor
- Check whether the online pharmacy is registered with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Check for privacy and security policies that are easy to spot and understand
- Use legitimate website that has a certified pharmacist to resolve your queries
There are always some sorts of risks buying medicines online through unregistered websites, especially prescription drugs. So, be on a safer side by working with your doctor before you buy drugs online UK. One of the legitimate online pharmacies registered with GPhC on which you can rely is Pharmacy Outlet.