“Smoking is injurious to health”
There is no denying that smoking is harmful for your health. Smoking causes cancer and other life-threatening issues such as heart attack and stroke. Your body will thank you for kicking this butt as soon as possible.
Your health is at risk of numerous medical conditions if you smoke. What you get from smoking? Pleasure? Well, your pleasure can cost your health; it can make you fall sick; it causes high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, respiratory infections, oral/throat/lung cancer and many more.
It is high time to quit smoking. Smoking cessation can make your life better. Do you know you can improve your health in as few as 30 minutes after quitting smoking? Here are the benefits you achieve from quitting smoking –
- You breathe more freely and easily, as your lung capacity improves greatly
- You feel more energetic and rejuvenated because your blood circulation improves
- Your stress is relieved to a great extent and your body does not secrete Cortisol, a stress hormone
- It improves your sexual function, erectile abilities and sensitivity
- It enhances fertility by improving the secretion of testosterone (in men) and oestrogen (in women)
- It improves your senses; you will experience good sense of taste and smell
- You will start looking young and fresh, as quitting smoking restores oxygen supply to your skin
- You will have whiter teeth and refreshing breath
- Your life expectancy increases as you your overall health improves
- Your risk of getting cancer and other life-threatening diseases decreases significantly
Smoking cessation is not easy; you need sheer determination and dedication. Talk to a counsellor who can help you with a quit-smoking plan. Additionally, you may require anti-smoking aids such as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), e-cigarettes and medications.
At PharmacyOutlet, you can browse through a wide range of products that help you to quit smoking. However, make sure you talk to a GP before choosing a therapy.