Trapped wind is a very common gastrointestinal condition that causes pain and discomfort in abdomen due to pressure. The condition makes you feel bloated with desperation to pass wind through flatulence or eructation. Virtually, everybody experiences trapped wind at some of time and many of them hesitate to admit it, as the symptoms include abdominal bloating, gaseous distension, gurgling sound and flatulence.
Trapped wind can be caused by –
- Eating too quickly
- Eating excessive gassy foods
- Wearing tight clothes around the waists
- Formation of gas by gut bacteria
The signs and symptoms include –
- Bloated stomach and/or abdomen
- Feeling uncomfortable or full after eating
- Constant rumbling and gurgling sounds from stomach or abdomen
Treating Trapped Wind
Trapped wind is easily treatable with simple changes in eating habit and medicines. Bloating is usually caused by gulping more air, especially while eating. Generally, you can overcome trapped wind by following these simples steps –
- Have regular meals
- Try not to eat to quickly
- Stay away from overeating
- Avoid gulping down liquids
- Limit alcohol intake
- Do not wear tight clothes around the waist, especially while eating
- Avoid foods that causes trapped wind – such as cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, Brussels sprouts, onions, garlic, poppy seeds, fennels and sunflower
- Stay away from fizzy drinks
- Manage stress
There are many medicines available for treating trapped wind. They contain active drugs that break down the bubbles of gas. Few medicines contain magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate to nullify secretion of stomach acid. It is imperative consult doctor before using any medicines for trapped wind.
Some of the effective medicines for trapped wind include Eno, Rennie Deflatine, Remegel Original, Wind-eze and WindSetlers. One can acquire any of these medicines via PharmacyOutlet. The aforementioned medicines are safe, clinically proven and effective.